What is Open GIS Data and Why is it Important?
| Open GIS Data is data that anyone can access, use and
Our Open GIS Data...
- Can be consumed live via Service URL in different applications
- Is available in a variety of machine readable formats, so that it can be easily downloaded and processed
- Is authoritative so that others can rely on the source, or understand potential limitations via readily available Metadata
| The City of San Jose's DOT has now made several GIS data sets available through this platform.
|What can you do with our Open GIS Data?||
|In DOT, we use our Open GIS Data to...|
- Power our customer service and dispatching applications
- Support decision making for infrastructure asset and traffic safety improvements
- Publish information that supports program management and oversight
- Provide vital information to the residents of the City and the customers and business partners of DOT